Video choice

domingo, 14 de julio de 2019

Childhood anectode

The birth of the puppies arrived at last. I was eight years old and I was so excited that I could not control the thrill I felt about the upcoming event. Things were getting pretty crazy in my house and my parents were running from one place to another looking for cloths to prepare a comfortable place for the dog to give birth to its litter. Falchetta, this is how I called her. She was the companion of my very first canine friend, Falco, a pitch-black mongrel my father had taken home when he found him on the street one day. Not long ago, I used to go for walks with Falco along the fields and we used to play together and enjoy his leash-free time. One time, he led me to a ditch between an overgrown meadow and a very old railway, stopping every now and then to make sure I was following him. There he looked at me and then he stared at a spot. I looked around the area and what a surprise to discover an adorable little white female stray dog! I understood right away that Falco had taken me to that place to introduce me to his lover and her name came to me naturally as well as the decision that she would live in my house. Eight cuddly puppies were born. I felt exulted and I was so overwhelmed by this feeling that I realized only too late that my father had put seven of them in a plastic bag and had walked away. What was he going to do? I wondered. Therefore, I decided to take my bike and follow my father. What I saw a few minutes later was my dear dad throwing that bag into the nearby river. I clearly saw how it sank in the water and I could do nothing but sob uncontrollably.

No hay comentarios: